Korogoro walking track
Hat Head National Park
Korogoro walking track offers exceptional coastal scenic views on a medium hike through rainforest, heathland and sections of endangered native grasses.
- Hat Head National Park in North Coast
- 3.2km loop
- Time suggested
- 1 - 2hrs
- Grade 4
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch or whale watch.
Panoramic coastal views are only one of the attractions on this moderate track, encircling the headland at Hat Head. Korogoro walking track, on the easternmost tip of Hat Head National Park, winds through rare littoral rainforest and heathlands, dotted with wildflowers and endangered native grasses.
As the path climbs steeply, stop to catch your breath and admire the stand of she-oaks; an important food source for glossy black cockatoos. The region is also home to rare kangaroo grasses which, although threatened, are thriving in the park due to the dedicated efforts of rangers and local community groups.
Emerging through windswept banksias, enjoy the refreshing ocean breeze. A perfect spot for a break, take in the spectacular view over a picnic lunch. Keep your eyes peeled for the distinct white flannel flowers that burst into bloom in spring.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Trial Bay Gaol Visitor Centre
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6566 6168
- 73 Trial Bay Gaol Road, Arakoon NSW 2431
- in Hat Head National Park in the North Coast region
Hat Head National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day.Buy annual pass