Kwiambal National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Junction walk.
Features of this track
1hr 30min - 2hrs 30min
Quality of markings
No experience required
Short steep hills
Quality of path
Rough track, many obstacles
Getting there and parking
Junction walk starts at Lemon Tree Flat campground in the northern precinct of Kwiambal National Park. To get there:
- From Ashford, take Wallangra Road north west
- Turn right onto Sandy Creek Road
- Then left onto Limestone Road and continue into Kwiambal National Park.
- Turn left onto Macintyre Falls Road
- Turn right onto Lemon Tree Flat Road and follow the signs to the campground
- Junction walk begins at the northern end of Lemon Tree Flat along the old 4WD track
- Travel along Inverell Street in Ashford and turn onto Limestone Road.
- At the intersection of Limestone Road and Sandy Creek Road turn right, and continue into Kwiambal National Park.
Parking is available at Lemon Tree Flat campground
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Kwiambal National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Between the warmer months of September and March, spectacular wildflower displays decorate the bush beneath white cypress pines.
The many swimming opportunities, including rivers, secluded beaches, and even a plunge pool, makes Kwiambal a terrific destination in the height of summer.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
16.9°C and 30.6°C
2.7°C and 18°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
- Glen Innes office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6739 0700
- 68 Church Street, Glen Innes NSW 2370