Jacks Creek walking track
Cocoparra National Park
Jacks Creek walking track threads through a sheltered gorge and upon ridge tops. You’ll enjoy scenic views, plentiful birdwatching and diverse habitats.
- Cocoparra National Park in Murray-Riverina
- 2.4km loop
- Time suggested
- 1 - 2hrs
- Grade 3
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
Jacks Creek walking track gives your bushwalking a twist with the intriguing, varied habitats of Cocoparra National Park. Setting out from Jacks Creek picnic area, you’ll explore a vast gorge, walking through sheltered gullies and along exposed ridges. Three lookouts give scenic views of the gorge and surrounding landscape. After rain, the gorge is alive with running water, accompanied by frog song.
Look out for a variety of woodland birds overhead, peregrine falcons roosting in the cliffs and flying through the gorge, and white-winged choughs nesting above the tables in the picnic area. Look carefully at those shadows in the rock caves – they may be hiding swamp wallabies keen to avoid the heat of the day.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Griffith office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm. Closed 1pm to 2pm.
- 02 6966 8100
- 200 Yambil Street, Griffith NSW 2680
- in Cocoparra National Park in the Murray-Riverina region
Cocoparra National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.