Hyams Beach trail
Jervis Bay National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Hyams Beach trail.
Features of this track
45min - 1hr 15min
Quality of markings
Some bushwalking experience recommended
Very steep and difficult
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
Getting there and parking
Hyams Beach trail starts at Lister Cresent, at the southern end of Hyams Beach village. It’s about 10 minutes from Vincentia. To get there:
- Head northeast on Campbell Court towards Elizabeth Drive and turn left onto Elizabeth Drive
- At the roundabout, take the second exit onto The Wool Road, then at the next roundabout, take the first exit onto Jervis Bay Road
- Turn left onto Kallaroo Road and continue onto Booderee Avenue
- Turn right onto Cyrus Street and then the first left into Lister Cresent
Parking is available on Lister Crescent, a short walk from Hyams Beach trail
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you Jervis Bay National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Take advantage of spring weather and head to Hyams Beach. You can pick up some fish and chips from the nearby Hyams Beach Café to enjoy on the white sands of this iconic south coast beach. If you're feeling energetic after lunch, walk the easy Hyams Beach trail.
Swim, surf, snorkel and dive your way through the summer school holidays in this beach paradise.
Humpback whales can be spotted migrating northwards in the winter months. Keep an eye out for southern right whales and dolphins too. They're often seen around the park's coastline.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
17°C and 24°C
10°C and 17°C
April, May and June
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
The water around Hyams Beach is within a sanctuary zone of Jervis Bay Marine Park. Fishing is not permitted in this area. For more information, check the Marine Parks Authority website and the NSW Fisheries website
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Nowra office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 4428 6300
- 104 Flatrock Road, Mundamia NSW 2540