Henry Head walking track
La Perouse area in Kamay Botany Bay National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Henry Head walking track.
Grade 3Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
45min - 1hr 15min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Short steep hills
Quality of path
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Henry Head walking track is in the La Perouse precinct of Kamay Botany Bay National Park. To get there, follow Anzac Parade to La Perouse.
There two options for where this walk can be started:
- La Perouse Museum at Cann Park on Anzac Parade, or
- the carpark near the park entry gates on Anzac Parade, opposite Goorawahl Avenue.
Park entry points
- Henry Head access See on map
Free parking is available outside the park on Anzac Parade, La Perouse, or within the park at Cape Banks.
Parking is also available around Cann Park, near La Perouse Museum on Anzac Parade.
Please note it can get very busy on the weekends and parking may be difficult.
Food outlets and public toilets are located near La Perouse Museum at Cann Park, Anzac Parade.
Drinking water is limited or not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
Maps and downloads
- Nielsen Park office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
- 02 9337 5511
- Greycliffe House, Nielsen Park, 6 Steele Point Road, Vaucluse NSW 2030
- in the La Perouse area of Kamay Botany Bay National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
7am–8.30pm November to March. 7am–7.30pm April to October
Areas may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
There are no park entry fees in La Perouse area but you'll need to pay to tour Bare Island. Park entry fees apply in the Kurnell area of Kamay Botany Bay National Park, only.Buy annual pass