Gorge walking track
Koreelah National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Gorge walking track.
Grade 2Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
30 - 45min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
No experience required
Quality of path
Getting there and parking
Gorge walking track is in the northern precinct of Koreelah National Park. To get there:
- Follow the directions from Woodenbong
- After you turn right at Old Koreelah onto White Swamp Road, drive for another 12km and you’ll see the campground on your left.
- The walking track starts from the campground
Parking is available at Koreelah Creek campground.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Koreelah National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Enjoy crisp mornings and listen to the calls of the albert lyrebird echoing throughout the valley.
See the brilliant red flowers of flame trees on the upper slopes.
Look for platypus in creek pools near the campground and enjoy swimming in Koreelah Creek Gorge.
Camp overnight and see the rugged escarpment rising out of the mist from the campground.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
15°C and 29°C
2°C and 19°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- You are encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves, especially in summer during the fire season.
- Drinking water is not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
Maps and downloads
Pets and domestic animals (other than certified assistance animals) are not permitted. Find out which regional parks allow dog walking and see the pets in parks policy for more information.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Kyogle office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6632 0000
- 136 Summerland Way, Kyogle NSW 2474
- in Koreelah National Park in the Country NSW region
Koreelah National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.