Applies from Wed 25 Dec 2019, 8.07pm. Last reviewed: Fri 25 Jun 2021, 3.10pm.
Closed areas: Blue Mountains National Park - closed areas
The following areas of Blue Mountains National Park are closed due to bushfire or storm damage, road or track works:
Katoomba, Leura and Wentworth Falls
- Furber Steps will be closed from 1pm Tuesday 15 June to Wednesday 30 June 2021 due to rock clearing works. Federal Pass may have stop/go traffic control where necessary.
- Part of National Pass from Valley of Waters to Slacks Stairs, due to ongoing rockfall risk.
- Amphitheatre track from the base of Bridal Veil falls to Fern Bower, due to ongoing rockfall risk. Lindemans Pass will be closed from Tuesday 15 June to Sunday 27 June 2021 where it crosses Leura Falls Creek, due to rock clearing works on Amphitheatre track above.
- Part of Prince Henry Cliff walk between Leura Cascades and the Bridal Veil View East lookout track junction is closed Mondays to Fridays only, due to track maintenance. There is no pedestrian access between Katoomba and Leura within the national park. Walkers accessing Leura Cascades from the east must return by the same route.
- Part of Prince Henry Cliff walk between the Fern Bower junction and Tallawalla lookout is closed due to a major landslide and track maintenance. Walkers can exit/enter via Silver Mist picnic area. (Note: Walkers can still access Fern Bower via Solitary Restaurant).
- Prince Henry Cliff walk between Gordon Falls lookout and Olympian lookout, due to landslides. Visit the Blue Mountains City Council website for information.
- Charles Darwin walk north of Weeping Rock circuit. Visit the Blue Mountains City Council website for information.
- Murphys Glen (campground and picnic area) is closed to vehicles due to wet weather. Walkers and cyclists permitted.
- Ingar Road is closed where it traverses private property at the end of Queen Elizabeth Drive. Ingar campground is therefore closed to vehicles. Walkers and cyclists permitted where they do not traverse private property.
- Andersons trail is impassable to vehicles (where authorised) due to flood/tree damage. Cyclists and walkers can traverse around.
- Kedumba Valley Road and Sublime Point fire trail are closed to all vehicles Monday to Friday until Friday 25 June 2021, for road repairs. Walkers and runners should avoid the routes where possible. They are permitted, but should keep well clear of machinery.
Blackheath, Medlow Bath, Mount Victoria and Bells Line
- Govetts Leap descent and Rodriguez Pass walking track, due to fire damage to infrastructure and landslides after storms.
- Perrys lookdown campground, due to dangerous trees.
- Walls Cave, Popes Glen and Pulpit Rock tracks are closed due to fire and flood damage and associated repairs.
- Pierces Pass Road is closed due to storm damage. Walkers and cyclists permitted.
Canyons and rock climbing areas
- Pulpit Rock climbing area and all other areas that require access along closed walking tracks or roads.
- Wollangambe 1 Canyon closed due to a dangerous whirlpool.
Note: All canyons except Wollangambe 1 are open. Visitors should exercise caution, as recent flooding may have left debris or moved rocks.
If you arrive at your local national park or other public space and it is too crowded to practice social distancing, it's your responsibility to leave the area.
To check which areas are closed, click the 'Show list' button on the Blue Mountains National Park page alert.
For further information call 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS).