Forest walk to Sublime Point track
Illawarra Escarpment State Conservation Area
All the practical information you need to know about Forest walk to Sublime Point track.
Grade 4Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
5 - 6hrs
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Forest walk to Sublime Point track is in the Stanwell Park-Austinmer precinct of the Illawarra Escarpment State Conservation Area. To get there:
- From Stanwell Park, follow Lawrence Hargrave Drive for approximately 1.3km
- The walk begins at the Wodi Wodi trackhead, on the right.
Alternatively, if starting from Austinmer:
- From Lawrence Hargrave Drive, turn into Moore Street
- Crossover the railway bridge and continue straight along Balfour Road
- Turn left into Hill Street and take the next left into Foothills Road
- The walk begins at the Sublime Point trackhead, on the right.
- Take the South Coast line to Coalcliff station
- Walk north approximately 600m along Lawrence Hargrave Drive, to the Wodi Wodi trackhead. The walk finishes in Austinmer.
- Access to the Sublime Point trackhead is via Hill Street then Foothills Road
Parking is available on Lawrence Hargrave Drive, Coalcliff and Foothills Road, Austinmer. It can be a busy place on the weekend, so parking might be limited.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Illawarra Escarpment State Conservation Area. Here are some of the highlights.
Enjoy a native wildflower display on the Forest walk.
Cool your heels on the Mount Keira ring track, which threads through refreshing rainforest.
Take advantage of the escarpment elevation for a spot of whale watching north of Mount Keira, or from one of the several lookouts.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
16.5°C and 25.6°C
8.3°C and 18.3°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
You'll need to bring your own drinking and cooking water
Maps and downloads
- Wollongong office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 4224 4188
- Unit G Ground Floor, 84 Crown Street, Wollongong NSW 2500
- in Illawarra Escarpment State Conservation Area in the South Coast region
Illawarra Escarpment State Conservation Area is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger. However, it is recommended that bushwalking only be undertaken during daylight hours because of the presence of cliff edges and other hazards.