Five Islands walking track
All the practical information you need to know about Five Islands walking track.
Features of this track
30min - 1hr
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
No experience required
Quality of path
Rough track, many obstacles
Getting there and parking
Five Islands walking track starts at Saltwater picnic area in Saltwater National Park. To get there:
- Take Old Bar Road from Taree/Pacific Highway
- Drive 10km east and turn right into Saltwater Road
- Follow Saltwater Road past the village of Wallabi Point
- Saltwater picnic area is at the end of Saltwater Road
Parking is available at Saltwater picnic area.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Saltwater National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Take walks around the headland and through to adjoining Khappinghat Nature Reserve.
Enjoy whale watching from the viewing platform at Saltwater Point from August through November.
Swim, surf and sunbathe on the beaches, canoe and kayak in the creek, or enjoy a picnic on the grass under the shady rainforest trees.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
17°C and 29°C
8°C and 21°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Water is not available in this area so it's a good idea to bring your own
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
Wheelchairs can access this area with some difficulty.
- Taree office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6552 4097
- 78 Hargreaves Drive, Taree NSW 2430
- in Saltwater National Park in the North Coast region
Saltwater National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to fire danger.