Fans Horizon walking track
Warrumbungle National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Fans Horizon walking track.
Grade 3Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
1hr 30min - 2hrs 30min
Quality of markings
Short steep hills
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
Some bushwalking experience recommended
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Fans Horizon walking track is in the Pincham carpark area of Warrumbungle National Park.To get there:
- Follow John Renshaw Parkway into Warrumbungle National Park
- Around 100m past the Visitor Centre turnoff turn left into Pincham Road
- Park in Pincham carpark, where this track starts.
Park entry points
- Camp Pincham carpark See on map
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Pincham carpark.
Best times to visit
You may experience a great range of temperatures on any day in the park. In summer it's generally hot in the daytime and temperatures often exceed 30C. In contrast, winter can be very cold and the temperature drops below freezing at night. Rainfall is also highly variable, ranging from drought to prolonged wet periods. Less rain falls on the western side of the park than on the eastern side. It rains most from December to February and the annual average rainfall is 720mm. Thunderstorms are common in mid to late summer.
During early spring wildflowers are in bloom, including a huge variety of golden wattle flowers With a more moderate climate, spring is a great time to get out and camp under the stars .
Weather, temperature and rainfall
15°C and 30°C
0°C and 15°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Toilets and parking are located at Camp Pincham, where this walking track starts.
- Drinking water isn’t available in this park so you’ll need to bring enough for your visit.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
Camping is permitted only in designated campgrounds, including Camp Pincham.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Warrumbungle NP Visitor Information Centre
- 9am to 4pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6825 4364
- 4261 John Renshaw Parkway, Warrumbungle NSW 2828
- in Warrumbungle National Park in the Country NSW region
Warrumbungle National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day.Buy a pass