Sydney Harbour National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Fairfax walk.
Grade 2Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
30min - 1hr
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Quality of path
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
The Fairfax Walk starts at the North Head precinct of Sydney Harbour National Park.
To get there, take Sydney Road to Manly, then take Darley Road onto North Head Scenic Drive.
Park entry points
- North Head Scenic Drive carpark See on map
Parking is available at North Head.
Maps and downloads
- Assistance may be required to access this area
- There are steps down to the northern lookout, making it unsuitable for wheelchairs and strollers.
- All other lookouts are easily accessible
- Middle Head office
- Tuesday to Thursday, 9.30am to 4pm.
- 02 9960 6266
- Sydney Harbour National Park (Middle Head), Governors Road, Mosman NSW 2088
- in Sydney Harbour National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Sydney Harbour National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
Bradleys Head carpark: $8 per vehicle per day. North Head carpark: $5 per vehicle per day. There are pay and display machines that accept cards and coins - no change given. Chowder Bay Road parking: Monday-Friday: $3 per hour, to a maximum of $16 per day. Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays: $4 per hour, to a maximum of $20 per day. If you hold an NPWS All Parks or Multi Parks Pass, you can park free for up to four hours per day - additional time can be purchased. Car parks operated by Sydney Harbour Federation Trust or Mosman Council are not covered by your pass. Please check signs carefully.
Landing fee or tour fee applies to visit Sydney Harbour islands. To visit Shark, Clark or Rodd islands all vessels, including kayaks, need to pay a $7 per person landing fee. To arrange, please contact 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS). Annual NSW Parks Passes not valid for landing fees.Buy annual pass