Dandahra Crags walking track
Gibraltar Range National Park
Fire affected area
Some areas of this park were affected by fire in 2019/2020. You’ll notice some changes to the landscape, as well as signs of recovery. Some areas may remain closed for longer to allow habitat to recover or because we’re repairing park infrastructure. Stay safe with these after-fire tips for visitors.
Dandahra Crags walking track, in Gibraltar Range National Park, is a hiking route with scenic views and birdwatching opportunities.
- Gibraltar Range National Park
- 3km loop
- Time suggested
- 2 - 3hrs
- Grade 4
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen, suitable clothing
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go birdwatching
- The weather in the area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well-prepared for your visit.
With its crags and swamps, Dandahra Crags walking track is a unique track within Gibraltar Range National Park. Through spring and summer, the wildflowers are on display around Surveyors Swamp, which the track skirts. In winter, get up early and watch the sun rise over the frost-covered swamp from the top of the crags. You’ll be rewarded for your efforts. Bring your camera along to record the experience. The area, with its montane swamps, huge granite outcrops and wildflowers, is quite a photographer’s paradise. Binoculars will also come in handy for birdwatching.
Dandahra Crags walking track is great for people looking for a moderately-challenging hike with a bit of a climb at the end. Pack a picnic lunch and enjoy the scenic views out towards Raspberry lookout and Mann River Valley from the top of the crags.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Glen Innes office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6739 0700
- 68 Church Street, Glen Innes NSW 2370
- in Gibraltar Range National Park in the North Coast and Country NSW regions
Gibraltar Range National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather, road damage, or high fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park uses a self-registration fee collection system. Please bring the correct change and display your receipt.Buy annual pass