Coastal walking track
Wallarah National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Coastal walking track.
Grade 4Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
1hr 30min - 2hrs 30min
Quality of markings
Some bushwalking experience recommended
Short steep hills
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Coastal walking track is in the Pinny Beach precinct of Wallarah National Park. To get there:
- Park at the end of Spoon Rocks Road at Caves Beach
- Walk around the locked vehicle gate and follow the track
- About 300m from the gate, go left at the fork.
- Follow the marked track and interpretive signs
- There is also access from Caves Beach Road, opposite Copper Valley Close.
- Access is also available from the Caves Beach car park off Caves Beach Road, at the southern end of Caves Beach
Parking is available at the Caves Beach carpark and on Spoon Rocks Road, a short walk from Coastal walking track.It can be a busy place on the weekend, so parking might be limited.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Wallarah National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Wildflower viewing in the heath along the Coastal walking track.
Whale watching from the beach and coastal tracks.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
17°C and 24°C
10°C and 18°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
Fishing from a boat, the beach or by the river is a popular activity for many national park visitors. If you’re planning a day out fishing, check out these fishing safety tips.
Pets and domestic animals (other than certified assistance animals) are not permitted. Find out which regional parks allow dog walking and see the pets in parks policy for more information.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Lake Munmorah office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4pm.
- 02 4972 9000
- 1 Blue Wren Drive, Wybung NSW 2259
- in Wallarah National Park in the North Coast region
Wallarah National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.