Cawleys Road trail
Garawarra State Conservation Area
Cawleys Road trail is a wide, well-formed track popular for bushwalking, mountain biking and horse riding in Garawarra State Conservation Area, near Helensburgh.
- Garawarra State Conservation Area
- 2.4km one-way
- Time suggested
- 45min - 1hr 15min
- Grade 5
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- Mountain bikers and horse riders share this path with bushwalkers. Please be considerate to other trail users.
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go birdwatching
Need a place to head out hiking or go mountain biking? Cawleys Road trail starts just off the old highway near Helensburgh and heads through low, open forest filled with scribbly gums, banksias and waratahs. It’s a wide track, surfaced with bitumen and gravel, generally flat, and suitable for all walking, mountain biking, cycling or horse riding levels.
Stop for a breather and lunch at Kellys Falls picnic area. A beautiful series of waterfalls cascading into a rainforest gully are a great accompaniment to your break. Those who are mountain biking can also explore some of the other trails connecting to Cawleys Road trail.
Among the scribbly gums and waratahs, you’re likely to see swamp wallabies or echidnas. Honeyeaters and wattlebirds are also attracted by many of the wildflowers, including Gymea lilies, grevilleas and banksias.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Royal National Park Visitor Centre
- 8.30am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 9542 0648
- 1300 072 757 for campground and cottage bookings
- 2 Lady Carrington Drive, Royal National Park, NSW 2232
- in Garawarra State Conservation Area in the Sydney and surrounds and South Coast regions
Garawarra is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.