Carlotta Arch walking track
Jenolan Karst Conservation Reserve
All the practical information you need to know about Carlotta Arch walking track.
Grade 3Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
45min - 1hr 15min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Some bushwalking experience recommended
Short steep hills
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Carlotta Arch walking track is in Jenolan Karst Conservation Reserve. To get there from Sydney:
- Take M4 Motorway, then Great Western Highway over Blue Mountains to Hartley
- Turn off after Hartley onto Jenolan Caves Road
- It’s around 45 minutes' drive from here to Jenolan Caves.
Road access and closures
Jenolan Caves is located at the bottom of a steep valley.
- The main road to Sydney is closed to uphill (departing) traffic 11.45am to 1.15pm to give more road room for incoming coaches.
- During this 11.45 to 1.15pm period, leave Jenolan Caves via Edith Road to Oberon. This steeper, narrower road is fully sealed and open 24hrs a day.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
- Parking is available at any of the 3 main carparks at Jenolan Caves. It can be a busy place on the weekend, so parking might be limited.
- Designated disabled parking spots can be found next to the Guides Office and behind Caves House.
- Bus parking is also available.
Maps and downloads
Swimming is prohibited in Blue Lake, as it's an important platypus habitat. You can swim at the waterhole below Blue Lake, reached via Jenolan River walk.
Pets and domestic animals (other than certified assistance animals) are not permitted. Find out which regional parks allow dog walking and see the pets in parks policy for more information.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Jenolan Caves
- 1300 76 33 11 or
- 02 6359 3911 within Australia
- +61 2 6359 3911 International
- 4655 Jenolan Caves Road, Jenolan Caves NSW 2790
- in Jenolan Karst Conservation Reserve in the Sydney and surrounds region
This reserve is open every day from 7am to 7pm. Check the Jenolan Caves website for information about guided tours, restaurants and events.