Bungoona lookout and path
Royal National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Bungoona lookout and path.
Grade 1Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Quality of path
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Bungoona lookout and path is in the Temptation Creek Audley precinct of Royal National Park. To get there:
- Turn off Princes Highway at Farnell Avenue
- Take the first left just after the vehicle entry station into the NPWS office
Park entry points
- NPWS Regional Office See on map
Parking is available at the NPWS office.
Best times to visit
Royal National Park covers a wide range of landscapes, from open grassland to ocean-fronting clifftops. It's a good idea to pack clothing suitable for all weather conditions along with water, sunscreen and a map on your visit. Royal National Park shines in all seasons, though summer and winter each offer a few special attractions.
Visit the majestic Garie Beach to surf or just relax. The beach is patrolled by surf lifesavers in summer. Plus, the panorama from Garie North Head is just amazing, so be sure to take your camera. The beach at Bundeena's Bonnie Vale is a great swimming spot, as are Jibbon, Wattamolla and Little Marley beaches. If a freshwater swim is more your thing, try Karloo Pool, Deer Pool or Curracurrang. The summer holiday information has important tips to help you plan your day to Royal National Park during the busy holiday period .
Winter is a great time to tackle the popular Coast track from Bundeena to Otford. Not only will you be greeted by spectacular coastal scenery, you can also see whales from the cliffs (June to August). Complete the walk in small sections or undertake the entire 26km over two days. Plan a visit during spring to admire the stunning heathland wildflowers on display. Head along the Coast track or the Curra Moors Loop track or walk to Wises track to see them in bloom. .
Weather, temperature and rainfall
16°C and 27°C
6°C and 17°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Toilets are located at Royal National Park Visitor Centre.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
- From the carpark near the NPWS office, a flat concrete pathway leads through native bushland to the lookout. The path is suitable for wheelchairs, prams, and visitors with limited mobility.
- There are several seats at intervals along the track to provide rest stops. There are picnic tables at the start of the track near the carpark.
- Fully accessible facilities are located a short drive down the road at the Royal National Park Visitor Centre.
Easy access is free of obstacles such as steps, rough terrain or significant slopes, and may have ramps or boardwalks.
- Royal National Park Visitor Centre
- 8.30am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 9542 0648
- 1300 072 757 for campground and cottage bookings
- 2 Lady Carrington Drive, Royal National Park, NSW 2232
- in Royal National Park in the Sydney and surrounds and South Coast regions
Royal National Park is open 7am to 8.30pm but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day. Seasonal ticket booths at Wattamolla and Garie Beach - cash and credit card facilities available. Please bring correct change. There's also coin and card operated pay and display machines to buy day passes.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).Buy annual pass