Bombala walking track
Glenrock State Conservation Area
Bombala walking track weaves through bush in Glenrock State Conservation Area, giving glimpses of the ocean, before descending to secluded Dudley Beach.
- Glenrock State Conservation Area in North Coast
- 1km return
- Time suggested
- 15 - 30min
- Grade 3
- Opening times
Bombala walking track is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- What to
- Hat, drinking water, sunscreen
- Please note
- Dogs and other pets are not permitted in this park. See where you can bring your dog.
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go bird watching or whale watching.
Winding through Bombala walking track in Glenrock State Conservation Area, you can catch scenic Pacific Ocean views. Descending from the ridge you’ll pass open coastal forest. Near Newcastle, it’s a great nature getaway with a refreshing swim at a secluded beach as the reward.
Whales migrate through these waters in winter and spring so you can catch the coastal breezes and look for dolphins from the viewing platform along the way. There’s also a hang-gliding pad off a section of the track, where you can see thrill-seekers launching themselves over the ocean.
Dudley Beach is a great spot for swimming, fishing or surfing. At the southern end of the beach, you can find a fossilised forest in the rock platform at low tide. You can finish your walk here, or continue along the coastline towards Merewether.
Take a virtual tour of Bombala walking track captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
Did you know that dogs and other pets are not permitted in NSW national parks and reserves? Find out the important reasons why pets aren’t allowed in most parks, and how you can help protect our native animals and plants.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Newcastle office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 4946 4100
- 1 Wetlands Place, Shortland NSW 2307
- in Glenrock State Conservation Area in the North Coast region
Glenrock State Conservation Area is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.