Bertha's Gully walking track
Weddin Mountains National Park
This medium difficulty walk near Grenfell passes small waterfalls and rock overhangs along Bertha’s Gully. Stop by at the campground for a rest after your 6km walk.
- 3km return
- Time suggested
- 2 - 3hrs
- Grade 4
- Please note
- It’s a good idea to bring a topographic map and compass, or a GPS.
- The weather in this area can be extreme and unpredictable, please be well-prepared for your visit.
- Drinking water is not available in this area
- There's limited mobile reception in this park
This very scenic walk takes you up through Bertha’s Gully on the western side of the Weddin Mountains. Named after Bertha Seaton of the historic Seaton’s Farm, it leads to a secluded, tranquil spot where you’ll often see waterfalls making their way through the gully after a good rain.
Located at the eastern end of Ben Hall’s campground, the trail is lined with rugged rocks and little stone overhangs. The walk takes you through woodland dominated by white box, blakely’s red gum, grey box, fuzzy box and kurrajong, which persists up much of the gully. Along the flanks of the gully, hillside species such as black cypress pine, mugga ironbark, shrubby sheoak and tumbledown red gum dominate the open forest. Expect to see Australian indigo, wattles and seven dwarf’s grevillea throughout your hike. It’s best seen in spring when the wildflowers – orchids and lilies - and shrubs are blossoming, and the surrounding farming country looks flush and fertile.
A medley of birds and wildlife may well join you; superb parrots, kookaburras and rosellas all chat cheerfully overhead, as wallabies and kangaroos forage for tasty nibbles in the rich foliage of the gully.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Bathurst office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6332 7640
- 02 6332 7680 To contact the KARST Conservation Unit in this office.
- Level 2, 203-209 Russell Street, Bathurst NSW 2795
- in Weddin Mountains National Park in the Country NSW region
Weddin Mountains National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.