Ben Hall's Cave walking track
Weddin Mountains National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Ben Hall's Cave walking track.
Features of this track
15 - 45min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
No experience required
Quality of path
Getting there and parking
Ben Hall’s Cave walking track is on the western side of Weddin Mountains National Park. To get there:
- From Grenfell: travel 5.5km west along the Mid-Western Highway towards West Wyalong, then turn left onto Back Piney Range Road, following the signs to Weddin Mountains National Park.
- Follow the road around for 23km and then turn left onto the park entrance road over the grid
- Go through the State Forest and then turn left and then right into Ben Hall’s campground. The trail head is opposite the barbecue area.
Parking is available at Ben Hall's campground.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Weddin Mountains National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Cooler days make it an ideal time to undertake some of the longer walks. It's also a good time to wander around Seaton's Farm to investigate and compare machinery used back then to what we have today.
A great time to see the wildflowers that blanket much of the ground. Venture up to the lookouts to see the sprawling surrounding farming country.
Enjoy a free barbecue at Ben Hall's campground.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
30°C and 33°C
12°C and 15°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Drinking water is not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
Maps and downloads
- Bathurst office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6332 7640
- 02 6332 7680 To contact the KARST Conservation Unit in this office.
- Level 2, 203-209 Russell Street, Bathurst NSW 2795