Basin Gully to Eualdrie lookout track
Weddin Mountains National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Basin Gully to Eualdrie lookout track.
Grade 5Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
6 - 7hrs
Quality of markings
Short steep hills
Quality of path
Rough unformed track
Some bushwalking experience recommended
Getting there and parking
Basin Gully to Eualdrie lookout walking track takes you from the western side of Weddin Mountains National Park to the eastern side of the park. To get there:
- From Grenfell, travel 5.5km west along the Mid-Western Highway towards West Wyalong, then turn left onto Back Piney Range Road.
- Follow the signs to Weddin Mountains National Park and continue along the road for 23km
- Turn left onto the park entrance road, over the grid, and go through State Forest
- Turn left, and then right, into Ben Halls campground.
- The trailhead is at the north-eastern end of the campground
Parking is available at Ben Halls campground.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Weddin Mountains National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Cooler days make it an ideal time to undertake some of the longer walks. It's also a good time to wander around Seaton's Farm to investigate and compare machinery used back then to what we have today.
A great time to see the wildflowers that blanket much of the ground. Venture up to the lookouts to see the sprawling surrounding farming country.
Enjoy a free barbecue at Ben Hall's campground.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
30°C and 33°C
12°C and 15°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Drinking water is not available in this area, please bring plenty of your own.
Maps and downloads
- Bathurst office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6332 7640
- 02 6332 7680 To contact the KARST Conservation Unit in this office.
- Level 2, 203-209 Russell Street, Bathurst NSW 2795