Awaba Bay Foreshore walk
Lake Macquarie State Conservation Area
All the practical information you need to know about Awaba Bay Foreshore walk.
Grade 3Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
45min - 1hr 15min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Short steep hills
Quality of path
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Awaba Bay Foreshore walk is in the Awaba Bay precinct of Lake Macquarie State Conservation Area. To get there:
- From the F3, take the Cessnock Road exit towards Awaba and Toronto.
- Continue along the road as it becomes Awaba Road
- Turn left at Carey Street in Toronto to cross the water
- Turn right along Bay Road and continue as it loops around the point onto The Ridgeway
- The walk starts on the right shortly after passing Glen Mitchell Street
Park entry points
Street parking is available near Awaba Bay Foreshore walk.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Lake Macquarie State Conservation Area. Here are some of the highlights.
Drop a line at Myuna Bay while the days are still warm enough to sit outside for a peaceful hour or two.
Spring is a lovely time to take Awaba Bay Foreshore walk and stop for a picnic lunch to enjoy the stunning lake views.
Why not kayak around the lake, exploring the secret bays and enjoying the warm water?.
Take a refreshing walk along Wangi circuit walking track, keeping an eye out for the tiny orchids that flower in winter.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
20°C and 25°C
8°C and 19°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
- Newcastle office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 4946 4100
- 1 Wetlands Place, Shortland NSW 2307