11km walking track
Dharug National Park
Lace on your hiking boots for the challenging 11km walking track, through lush forests, past creeks and along high ridge tops in Dharug National Park, Wisemans Ferry.
- Dharug National Park
- 11km loop
- Time suggested
- 5 - 7hrs
- Grade 5
- Trip Intention Form
It's a good idea to let someone know where you're going. Fill in a trip intention form to send important details about your trip to your emergency contact.
- Opening times
11km walking track is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- What to
- Hat, drinking water, sunscreen
- Please note
- The weather in this area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well-prepared for your visit.
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go bird watching
11km walking track is near Wisemans Ferry and follows a steep mountain ridge through lush gullies, past clear running creeks in Dharug National Park. This rough track will really get your heart racing with several steep climbs along the way. 11km walking track is an exhilarating challenge for adventure seekers.
Experienced and fit bushwalkers might be able to finish the track in four hours but if you prefer to drop the pace then it’s a good idea to start 11km walking track early in the day to enjoy the scenic views and surrounding bushland.
Catch your breath on a creek bank and take advantage of birdwatching along the way as lewins honeyeaters are bound to be seen in the trees, along with gang gang cockatoos. You might also spot goannas on the track and wildflowers like waratahs, red Gymea lilies and flowering heath – are abundant in spring.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Bulga office
- Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 4pm.
- 02 6574 5555
- 2156 Putty Road, Bulga NSW 2330
- in Dharug National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Dharug National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.