Sea Acres Rainforest Centre
Sea Acres National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Sea Acres Rainforest Centre.
Getting there and parking
Sea Acres Rainforest Centre is located at the entry to Sea Acres National Park. To get there:
- From Port Macquarie, head south along Pacific Drive.
- Sea Acres Rainforest Centre is on the left just after Shelly Beach Road
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Sea Acres Rainforest Centre in a bitumen carpark, including 2 accessible parking spots.
Best times to visit
Head to the cool rainforest to escape the summer heat.
Take binoculars and a camera on beach walks to look to sea for migrating whales.
There are flush toilets at the rainforest centre including an accessible toilet with with a fold-down change table for parents and carers.
- Flush toilets
- There's step-free access to the rainforest centre along a paved pathway and across a metal mesh bridge with handrails.
- Inside, the ground floor of the building is flat and step-free with easy access to the entrance, toilets, shop, and ticket sales desk.
- You can reach the rainforest walk through a single doorway at the back of the rainforest centre. The walk is a flat, fibre-reinforced polymer mesh walkway with handrails.
- Step-free main entrance to the building
- Step-free outdoor pathways
The rainforest centre has automatic double sliding doors.
Seats and resting points
There are timber bench seats at the back of the rainforest centre as you head to the rainforest walk.
Inside, there are also 4 chairs with arm rests and backrests for resting. These chairs can be moved as needed to watch short interpretive films, view the rainforest through a large window and enjoy the ambience of the centre.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
Sea Acres Rainforest Centre has step-free access from the carpark to the main entrance of the building along a paved pathway and a metal mesh bridge with handrails.
The rainforest centre is flat inside, with step-free access to all parts of the top level including the toilets, shop and ticket sales desk.
- Automatic double sliding doors at the entrance
- Accessible toilets and a change facility for parents and carers
- 2 accessible parking spots in the carpark
- Arm chairs inside the centre and bench seats outside for resting
The lower floor of the centre, including the theatrette, is not wheelchair accessible and not open to the public.
- Sea Acres Rainforest Centre
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6582 3355
- 159 Pacific Drive, Port Macquarie NSW 2444
- in Sea Acres National Park in the North Coast region
Sea Acres National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.