Pilliga Forest Discovery Centre
Pilliga National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Pilliga Forest Discovery Centre.
Getting there and parking
Pilliga Forest Discovery Centre is located at 50-58 Wellington Street, Baradine.
To get there from Narrabri:
- Travel south on the Newell Highway for 71km
- Turn right at the Baradine exit onto No.1 Break Road and travel 30km (unsealed road, 2WD accessible weather permitting)
- Turn left onto Indians Lane Road and continue to Baradine
- Arriving in Baradine, cross the bridge and turn left onto Narren Street towards Coonabarabran
- Following the signage to the Pilliga Forest Discovery Centre, turn right onto Wellington Street. The Discovery Centre is 320m on your left.
To get there from Coonabarabran:
- Take the Baradine Road from the intersection at the Poplars Motel and travel 45km
- When you reach Baradine, continue past the oval and school then turn left onto Wellington Street
- The Pilliga Forest Discovery Centre is 320m on your left.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Weather, temperature and rainfall
You may experience a great range of temperatures on any day in the park. In summer it's generally hot in the daytime and temperatures often exceed 40C. In winter nights can be very cold, but you can enjoy clear sunny days. Rainfall is also highly variable, ranging from drought to prolonged wet periods, with the average annual rainfall around 600mm. Creeks may quickly become impassable after heavy rain.
15°C and 35°C
2°C and 21°C
June to September
- Flush toilets
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
- This area is fully wheelchair accessible
- Specially designed accessible ramps and toilets
- Street access for wheelchairs
- Pilliga Forest Discovery Centre
- 9am to 4pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6843 4011
- 50-58 Wellington St, Baradine NSW 2396
- in Pilliga National Park in the Country NSW region
Pilliga Forest is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.