Murrumbidgee Valley National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Middle Beach.
Getting there and parking
Middle Beach is in the MIA II precinct of Murrumbidgee Valley National Park. To get there:
- Head south along Newell Highway onto Audley Street, turning right onto Irrigation Way. Continue travelling to Leeton.
- At the entrance of Yanco, turn onto Euroley Road and travel 5km.
- Take the turn off 400m north of Euroley Bridge. After 800m you’ll cross a grid to enter MIA II Forest.
- Turn left over the grid and after 700m you’ll arrive at Middle Beach.
Check the weather before you set out as the road to Middle Beach can become boggy when it rains.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- Dry weather only
Parking is available at Middle Beach, including several designated disabled spots. It can be a busy place on the weekend, so parking might be limited.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Murrumbidgee Valley National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Evenings can be balmy at this time of year, so it's still a great time to camp.
Picturesque morning mists are common at this time of year and birds and animals are most active.
Enjoy early morning and late afternoon swimming during these hotter months.
This is Murray crayfish season, and a great time to head to the river.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
16°C and 32°C
4°C and 16.5°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- You'll need to bring your own drinking and cooking water
- You’re encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves, especially in summer during the fire season.
- Non-flush toilets
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
- Wheelchairs can access this area with some difficulty
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
- Griffith office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm. Closed 1pm to 2pm.
- 02 6966 8100
- 200 Yambil Street, Griffith NSW 2680