Lady Bay Beach
Sydney Harbour National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Lady Bay Beach.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Lady Bay Beach is in the South Head precinct of Sydney Harbour National Park. To get there:
- Drive along New South Head Road past Vaucluse to the end
- Turn right into Robertson Road, then left into Military Road, which becomes Cliff Road.
- Turn left into Short Street then right into Cove Street and right into Victoria Street
- Continue to the end and leave the car at Camp Cove carpark
- Follow South Head Heritage trail, which begins near Camp Cove Kiosk, to the beach.
Alternatively, the Eastern Suburbs Ferry from Circular Quay, as well as buses 324, 325 and 380, stop a short walk from Camp Cove. Check out the Transport Info website for more information.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Camp Cove carpark, including several designated disabled spots. It can be a busy place on the weekend, so parking might be limited then.
Toilets and picnic facilities are located at Camp Cove Kiosk and Gap Bluff Centre, off Cliff Street.
Maps and downloads
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
- Nielsen Park office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
- 02 9337 5511
- Greycliffe House, Nielsen Park, 6 Steele Point Road, Vaucluse NSW 2030
- in Sydney Harbour National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Sydney Harbour National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
Bradleys Head carpark: $8 per vehicle per day. North Head carpark: $5 per vehicle per day. There are pay and display machines that accept cards and coins - no change given. Chowder Bay Road parking: Monday-Friday: $3 per hour, to a maximum of $16 per day. Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays: $4 per hour, to a maximum of $20 per day. If you hold an NPWS All Parks or Multi Parks Pass, you can park free for up to four hours per day - additional time can be purchased. Car parks operated by Sydney Harbour Federation Trust or Mosman Council are not covered by your pass. Please check signs carefully.
Landing fees or tour fees apply to visit Sydney Harbour islands. All public visitors to Shark, Clark or Rodd Island, need to pay a $7 per person landing fee. To arrange, please contact 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS). Annual NSW Parks Passes do not cover landing fees.Buy annual pass