Eurobodalla National Park
1080 Beach in Eurobodalla National Park near Mystery Bay on the far south coast of NSW is a great spot for surfing, fishing and picnicking with a view.
- Eurobodalla National Park in South Coast
If you’re looking for a spot to surf the turquoise waters of the far south coast, head to 1080 Beach near Mystery Bay. It’s breathtakingly beautiful and a popular among locals for surfing, swimming and fishing. If it’s too cold for a dip or you’d like to keep your toes dry, take a walk along the sandy beach.
When you’re finished being active, set up a picnic at one of the tables on the headland above the beach to enjoy a picnic with a view. From this point, you’ll be able to see the stretch of beach and inland to the mountains.
Be sure to keep your eyes out as you’re travelling through the forest on your way to or from the 1080 Beach – you may see wallabies and kangaroos and it’s a good spot for some birdwatching if you have time.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Narooma office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm. Office open by appointment only. Closed public holidays.
- 02 4476 0800
- 10 Graham Street, Narooma NSW 2546
- in Eurobodalla National Park in the South Coast region
Eurobodalla National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (11)
- Aboriginal culture (3)
- Beach (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (3)
- Canoeing/paddling (1)
- Cultural heritage (1)
- Fishing (2)
- Historic heritage (3)
- Photography (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (2)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (1)
- Sightseeing (3)
- Surfing (1)
- Swimming (2)
- Walking (2)