Wilson River picnic area
Willi Willi National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the Wilson River picnic area.
Getting there and parking
Wilson River picnic area is located on Willi Willi National Park, to get there:
- Take the Beechwood Road to Beechwood
- Then turn onto Bellangary Road
- Turn onto Hastings Forest Way
- Turn into Wilson River Road to reach the picnic area
- Take the Armidale Road from West Kempsey
- After 35km turn onto Carrai Road at Toorooka near Willawarrin
- Turn onto Coachwood Road at Kookaburra
Check the weather before you set out as the road to Wilson River can become slippery and boggy when it rains.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles (no long vehicle access)
- 4WD required in wet weather
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Will Willi National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Birds are plentiful in the rainforest so it's a great time for birdwatching.
Meander along the cool Waterfall walk where you can take a refreshing swim.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
26°C and 28°C
16°C and 20°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
You'll need to bring your own drinking and cooking water.
- Non-flush toilets
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
Wilson River picnic area is fully wheelchair-accessible.
- Kempsey office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6561 6700
- 247 Old Station Rd, Verges Creek NSW 2440