Werri Berri picnic area
Thirlmere Lakes National Park
Werri Berri picnic area is a great spot for picnicking or barbecuing by the lake. You can even walk the nearby Thirlmere Lakes track or visit the Heritage Pump Station.
- Picnic areas
- Thirlmere Lakes National Park
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- Remember to take binoculars if you want to birdwatch.
- There is limited/no mobile reception in this park.
Werri Berri picnic area is fantastic for family outings and is just a short drive from Tahmoor and Picton. Pack a rug, something to cook, and a frisbee, then you’ll be all set for a lovely day out.
Unroll your picnic blanket under the shade of a eucalyptus tree, then open a book, sit back and relax in this charming and scenic spot. This uncrowded lakeside location is the perfect place for enjoying a feast thanks to its flat, grassy surface and free gas barbecues.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
The free NSW National Parks app lets you download maps and explore parks, things to do and places to stay—all without mobile reception.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Richmond office
- Monday to Friday , 9.30am to 4pm.
- 02 4588 2400
- Bowmans Cottage, 370 Windsor Street, Richmond NSW 2753
- in Thirlmere Lakes National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Thirmere Lakes is open from sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
Under review. No park entry fees collected.Buy annual pass