Wallagoot Lake picnic area and boat ramp
Bournda National Park
Wallagoot Lake in Bournda National Park is a playground for watersport enthusiasts and nature lovers. Enjoy sailing, paddling, fishing and birdwatching.
- Picnic areas
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Sunscreen, hat, drinking water
Set up a picnic on the shores of the lake while the kids swim in the protected waters. Launch your vessel from the boat ramp and enjoy waterskiing on the glassy waters, or explore the lake on your sail board or paddle ski.
Wallagoot Lake’s unique aquatic environment is home to a huge diversity of marine life, making it a popular destination for children eager to learn about the ecosystem.
This distinctive waterway also offers excellent fishing and birdwatching. As well as several species of waterfowl, look out for threatened species like the little tern and fairy tern nesting on the foreshores during spring or foraging during summer.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Merimbula office
- Monday to Friday and some weekends during peak holiday periods, 10am to 3pm.
- 02 6495 5000
- 47 Merimbula Drive, cnr Sapphire Coast Drive, Merimbula NSW 2548
- in Bournda National Park in the South Coast region
Bournda National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to extreme weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. This park uses a self-registration fee collection system, please bring correct change.Buy annual pass