Store Creek picnic area
Cocoparra National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the Store Creek picnic area.
Getting there and parking
Store Creek picnic area is in the Store Creek precinct of Cocoparra National Park. To get there from Griffith:
- Take Beelbangera Road towards Yenda for approximately 16km
- Turn left onto Myall Park Road for 7km, then turn right onto Mount Bingar Road.
- Travel 7km to the intersection with Whitton Stock Route, then turn right.
- The Store Creek picnic area entrance is 1.4km past the intersection
Check the weather before you set out as the road to Store Creek picnic area can become boggy when it rains.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- Dry weather only
Parking is available at Store Creek picnic area.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Cocoparra National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Camp at Woolshed Flat while the days are still long and warm enough to explore the walking tracks and the cool nights are pleasant for sitting and watching the sun set Keep an eye out for the autumn greenhood, an early flowering orchid. .
Take Jacks Creek walking track to see gorgeous spring flowers, including orchids, daisies, wattles and tea-trees. Watch the first rainbow bee-eaters arrive to build nests in the ground. Their brilliant colours are dazzling. Climb Mount Brodgen to look out over the plains and the tree line of Murrumbidgee River .
Winter rains bring the creeks and falls to life, and the blue-tinged cypress pine trees contrast against the red rocks beautifully after wet weather. The mosses and lichens on Falcon Falls walking track are also renewed with the seasonal rains Wattles begin to flower and their glorious colour will brighten up a cold day .
Weather, temperature and rainfall
15°C and 33°C
3°C and 17°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Drinking water is not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
- A free gas barbecue is supplied, but you’re encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves, especially in summer during the fire season.
- Rubbish bins are not available – please take rubbish with you when leaving.
- Non-flush toilets
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
Maps and downloads
- Griffith office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm. Closed 1pm to 2pm.
- 02 6966 8100
- 200 Yambil Street, Griffith NSW 2680