Sydney Harbour National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Shakespeares Point.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Shakespeares Point is in the Nielsen Park precinct of Sydney Harbour National Park. To get there:
- Take New South Head Road away from the city
- Turn left into Vaucluse Road and then left into Greycliffe Avenue
- It’s a short walk to Shakespeares Point from here.
Park entry points
- Nielsen Park carpark See on map
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available in Greycliffe Avenue, including several designated disabled spots. But it can be a busy place on the weekend, so parking might be limited.
The closest toilets are a five-minute walk away, down the stairs that lead towards Shark Beach and the main part of Nielsen Park.
- Flush toilets
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- Wheelchair access from the street to Bottle and Glass loop walking track is easy.
- From the street, look for a separate gate marked ‘Bottle and Glass Point’ located just east of the main Nielsen Park gate on Greycliffe Avenue.
- A paved road loops around this section of the park, making it suitable for wheelchairs.
- Grassy areas off the paved track, including Shakespeares Point, may be more difficult to negotiate and could require some assistance.
- Neilsen Park has an accessible toilet and some seating throughout the park.
- Nielsen Park office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
- 02 9337 5511
- Greycliffe House, Nielsen Park, 6 Steele Point Road, Vaucluse NSW 2030
- in Sydney Harbour National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Sydney Harbour National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
Bradleys Head carpark: $8 per vehicle per day. North Head carpark: $5 per vehicle per day. There are pay and display machines that accept cards and coins - no change given. Chowder Bay Road parking: Monday-Friday: $3 per hour, to a maximum of $16 per day. Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays: $4 per hour, to a maximum of $20 per day. If you hold an NPWS All Parks or Multi Parks Pass, you can park free for up to four hours per day - additional time can be purchased. Car parks operated by Sydney Harbour Federation Trust or Mosman Council are not covered by your pass. Please check signs carefully.
Landing fee or tour fee applies to visit Sydney Harbour islands. To visit Shark, Clark or Rodd islands all vessels, including kayaks, need to pay a $7 per person landing fee. To arrange, please contact 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS). Annual NSW Parks Passes not valid for landing fees.Buy annual pass