Oolambeyan Homestead picnic area
Oolambeyan National Park
Not just an excellent spot for picnicking, Oolambeyan Homestead picnic area in Oolambeyan National Park is also a great spot for birdwatching, walking and cycling.
- Picnic areas
- What to
- Binoculars, drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- There's no camping at this park but you can camp nearby at Murrumbidgee Valley regional and national parks.
- The weather in this area can be extreme and unpredictable, please ensure you’re well-prepared for your visit.
Enjoy walking among the roses, go birdwatching under the trees and find a shady spot to enjoy a picnic at Oolambeyan Homestead picnic area. This peaceful location, 125km from Griffith, is a great spot for a day trip in the Riverina region. If you’ve got the kids with you, they’ll love cycling along neighbouring trails.
During spring and autumn, when the temperatures are mild and the days sunny, many birds, including noisy galahs and pretty blue bonnets, visit the gardens. See kangaroos resting under the boree trees or grazing on the native grass ‘oval’. The sugar gums adjacent to the area are also popular with brown goshawks and black kites.
Visit the historic shearing sheds and other farm buildings, some of them dating back to the 1930s, and discover the historic heritage of this site. It's easily combined with nearby Murrumbidgee Valley Regional Park.
Wooloondool campground is in Murrumbidgee Valley Regional Park near the town of Hay. This dog-friendly location is ideal for camping, fishing, birdwatching, canoeing, swimming alongside the Murrumbidgee River.
Bunyip Hole campground is in the Willbriggie area of Murrumbidgee Valley Regional Park, near Griffith. This dog-friendly campground is a peaceful riverside escape, and offers unpowered sites with great fishing, paddling, walks and cycling.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Griffith office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm. Closed 1pm to 2pm.
- 02 6966 8100
- 200 Yambil Street, Griffith NSW 2680
- in Oolambeyan National Park in the Murray-Riverina region
Oolambeyan National Park is open from 6am to 8pm but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.