Oolambeyan Homestead picnic area
Oolambeyan National Park
Not just an excellent spot for picnicking, Oolambeyan Homestead picnic area in Oolambeyan National Park is also a great spot for birdwatching, walking and cycling.
- Picnic areas
- 1002 Oolambeyan Road, Carrathool, NSW, 2711 - in Oolambeyan National Park
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to bird watch.
- The weather in this area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well-prepared for your visit.
- There is limited mobile reception in this park.
Enjoy walking among the roses, go birdwatching under the trees and find a shady spot to enjoy a picnic at Oolambeyan Homestead picnic area. This peaceful location, 125km from Griffith in the Riverina district, is a great spot for a day trip. If you’ve got the kids with you, they’ll love cycling along neighbouring trails.
During spring and autumn, when the temperatures are mild and the days sunny, many birds, including noisy galahs and pretty blue bonnets, visit the gardens. See kangaroos resting under the boree trees or grazing on the native grass ‘oval’. The sugar gums adjacent to the area are also popular with brown goshawks and black kites.
Visit the historic shearing sheds and other farm buildings, some of them dating back to the 1930s, and discover the historic heritage of this site.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Griffith office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm. Closed 1pm to 2pm.
- 02 6966 8100
- 200 Yambil Street, Griffith NSW 2680
- in Oolambeyan National Park in the Murray-Riverina region
Oolambeyan National Park is open from 6am to 8pm but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.