Morgans Creek picnic area
Georges River National Park
Morgans Creek picnic area is a popular place for boating, jet skiing, waterskiing, fishing and kayaking. Cook up a tasty feast on the barbecues when you’re done exploring.
- Picnic areas
- Georges River National Park
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- Please note that the Morgans Creek precinct of Georges River National park is open at 6am and gates are locked and the park is closed after 6:30pm. Gates are locked after 7:30pm during daylight savings.
- Remember to take binoculars if you want to birdwatch
Morgans Creek picnic area is a riverside picnic area in Georges River National Park. It’s large and grassy, so an excellent choice for families with children who like lots of space to roam.
Morgans Creek picnic area is a sunny spot during winter, with plenty of tree cover and picnic shelters to provide shade in warmer months. The park is home to many bird species, so you’ll probably see and hear a few while you’re enjoying your picnic lunch.
Popular with anyone who likes to play on the river you’ll find waterskiers and jetskiers as well as boaters and fishermen out enjoying the water. A dual width boat ramp and easy access from the carpark means you will be out on the water in no time.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Royal National Park Visitor Centre
- 8.30am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 9542 0648
- 1300 072 757 for campground and cottage bookings
- 2 Lady Carrington Drive, Royal National Park, NSW 2232
- in Georges River National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Georges River National Park is open from 6am to 7.30pm during daylight savings (6am – 6.30pm at other times) but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has coin-operated pay and display machines at the gate. Please bring correct coins, as no change is given.Buy annual pass