Monument Beach picnic area
Conjola National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the Monument Beach picnic area.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Monument Beach picnic area is near Bendalong in Conjola National Park. To get there:
- Turn east onto Bendalong Road from the Princes Highway then left into Cedar Road
- Follow the signs along Cedar Road and Walter Hood Access Road, which ends at a short access road to the picnic area.
- There is 7km of unsealed road before you reach the picnic area
Park entry points
- Holly Street, Bendalong See on map
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- Dry weather only
Parking is available at Monument Beach picnic area.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Conjola National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
As the temperature cools slightly, this a great time to get active in the park with some bushwalking and mountain biking.
The wildflowers – waratahs and wattle among them – are in full bloom, bringing with them large numbers of birds. You might even be lucky enough to spot the rare Scalet Honeyeater or Little Lorikeet.
Hot weather means plenty of time for the beach and water. Keep an eye open for the endangered hooded plover and other shorebirds foraging on the sand.
The light is clear and beautiful and the beaches and trails very quiet – just the thing if you prefer exploring with few other people around.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
19°C and 24°C
10°C and 18°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
You'll need to bring your own drinking water.
- Non-flush toilets
Tank Water. Please boil before drinking
Maps and downloads
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
- Ulladulla office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 4454 9500
- Lot 9 Blackburn Industrial Estate, 6 Coller Road Ulladulla NSW 2539