Murrumbidgee Valley National Park
All the practical information you need to know about McCaugheys Lagoon.
Getting there and parking
McCaugheys Lagoon is in the MIA 1 precinct of Murrumbidgee Valley National Park. To get there:
- From Yanco, travel east along Irrigation Way.
- After crossing the railway tracks, turn right, down Euroley Road.
- At about 2km, turn left onto Kiln Road (unsealed), just before the entrance to Yanco Agricultural High School.
- The McCaugheys Lagoon carpark is off to the right after about 100m
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Car and bus parking is available at McCaugheys Lagoon.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Murrumbidgee Valley National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Evenings can be balmy at this time of year, so it's still a great time to camp.
Picturesque morning mists are common at this time of year and birds and animals are most active.
Enjoy early morning and late afternoon swimming during these hotter months.
This is Murray crayfish season, and a great time to head to the river.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
16°C and 32°C
4°C and 16.5°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Drinking water is not available in this area so it's a good idea to bring your own
Maps and downloads
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
Firewood may not be collected from the park.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Griffith office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm. Closed 1pm to 2pm.
- 02 6966 8100
- 200 Yambil Street, Griffith NSW 2680