Long Gully picnic area
Budawang National Park
Long Gully picnic area is a comfortable spot to settle down for the day beside scenic Yadboro River, with nearby swimming and day walks for the experienced hiker.
- Picnic areas
- Budawang National Park
- Please note
- The Budawangs is a declared wilderness area and to protect the environment there are some restrictions on group sizes, firewood use and camping locations, including camping in rock overhangs.
- A permit is needed to camp at Cooyoyo Creek over the Easter and October long weekends.
An entrance to Budawang National Park but much more besides, Long Gully picnic area is your first glimpse of the wilderness within. Facilities are basic, but all you need for a terrific picnic is a packed lunch and an appreciation for nature. This is a remote and secluded spot for people wanting to break away from civilisation for a day. The nearby campground lets you stretch it out to a long weekend if you’d prefer.
Settle down beneath a blackbutt tree and watch the wallabies go by, foraging in the undergrowth. Bring a ball and take advantage of the open space beside Yadboro River.
This is also a good jumping-off point for the advanced hiking opportunities into the Budawangs area of Morton National Park, including the Castle; the trail leaves from here. Day walks in the national park should only be attempted by well-equipped, experienced walkers. Don’t forget to tell somebody where you’re going.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Ulladulla office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 4454 9500
- Lot 9 Blackburn Industrial Estate, 6 Coller Road Ulladulla NSW 2539
- in Budawang National Park in the South Coast and Country NSW regions
Budawang National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.