Leura Cascades picnic area
Katoomba area in Blue Mountains National Park
Tinkling waterfalls and scenic views make Leura Cascades picnic area a family-friendly spot for a picnic and birdwatching, before a walk in nearby Blue Mountains National Park.
- Picnic areas
- Katoomba area in Blue Mountains National Park
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- Leura Cascades picnic area is managed by Blue Mountains City Council and is located outside Blue Mountains National Park.
- For more information visit the council's visitor centres at Echo Point, Katoomba or on Great Western Highway at Glenbrook.
- For council reserve and track closures visit the council website. Please report any incidents or issues at the picnic area to the council.
Leura Cascades picnic area is a reviving break on a day trip, long walk, scenic drive or cycling trip in the Katoomba area of the Blue Mountains.
Lie back in the shade and be serenaded by the gentle tinkering of the nearby waterfalls and local birdlife. You might hear the distinct call of the bell miner or the mimicking song of the lyrebird here.
With a picture perfect backdrop, why not make the most of the opportunity and assemble the family for a group photo? Tuck into a leisurely lunch as you memorise the magnificent views.
The nearby Fern Bower circuit walk is a heart-pumper, or if you’re after a leisurely stroll, follow the track downstream to the top of Bridal Veil Falls or take the Prince Henry Cliff Walk east towards Gordon Falls lookout.
- Blue Mountains City Council
- 02 4780 5000
- Echo Point Visitor Centre, Katoomba or Glenbrook Visitor Centre, Glenbrook
- in the Katoomba area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Katoomba area is always open but some locations may close at times due to maintenance, poor weather or fire danger.