Gur-um-bee picnic area
Wallingat National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the Gur-um-bee picnic area.
Getting there and parking
Gur-um-bee picnic area is in Wallingat National Park. To get there:
- Turn off Lakes Way at Sugar Creek Road
- Follow Sugar Creek Road up into the park. The picnic area is on the intersection with Thomas Road.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- 4WD required in wet weather
Parking is available at Gur-um-bee picnic area.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Wallingat National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
With temperatures slightly cooler, explore the network of gravel roads by foot or on a mountain bike.
With the wildflowers - including the purple blooms of the velvet mint-bush - coming out, this is a great time for birdwatching.
The weather is warm and sunny, so now's the time to pitch a tent and stay for a few days. Make the most of the boat ramp at Cockatoo picnic area Head to Sugar Creek picnic area and, after lunch, take a walk through the cool forest. .
Visitor numbers are down, so take the car along the park's unsealed roads and discover the forest, rivers and lake.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
20°C and 29°C
7°C and 21°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Drinking water is limited or not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- Assistance may be required to access this area
- Booti Booti Office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm. Closed public holidays.
- 02 6591 0300
- The Ruins campground, Booti Booti National Park, 4374 The Lakes Way, Booti Booti 2428