Greenfield Beach picnic area
Jervis Bay National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the Greenfield Beach picnic area.
Getting there and parking
Pedestrian access to the Greenfield Beach picnic area opens directly off the cul-de-sac at the end of Elizabeth Drive, Vincentia.
- From the Princes Highway, take the Jervis Bay Road turn off and follow signs to Vincentia
- Follow Elizabeth Drive to the cul-de-sac at its end – there are parking bays along the road
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
- Parking is available on Elizabeth Drive, a short walk from Greenfield Beach picnic area.
- It can be a busy place on the weekend, so parking might be limited.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you Jervis Bay National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Take advantage of spring weather and head to Hyams Beach. You can pick up some fish and chips from the nearby Hyams Beach Café to enjoy on the white sands of this iconic south coast beach. If you're feeling energetic after lunch, walk the easy Hyams Beach trail.
Swim, surf, snorkel and dive your way through the summer school holidays in this beach paradise.
Humpback whales can be spotted migrating northwards in the winter months. Keep an eye out for southern right whales and dolphins too. They're often seen around the park's coastline.
- Flush toilets
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
- Cold showers
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- Greenfield Beach is the most wheelchair accessible beach in Jervis Bay National Park
- The picnic area is flat and grassy
- Access to the beach is via a short boardwalk
Please be aware that it's a legal offence to possess or consume alcohol at Greenfield beach and picnic area between the hours of 9pm to 9am.
The water around Greenfield Beach is within a sanctuary zone of Jervis Bay Marine Park. Fishing is not permitted in this area. For more information, check the Marine Parks Authority website and the NSW Fisheries website.
Pets and domestic animals (other than certified assistance animals) are not permitted. Find out which regional parks allow dog walking and see the pets in parks policy for more information.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Nowra office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 4428 6300
- 104 Flatrock Road, West Nowra NSW 2541
- in Jervis Bay National Park in the South Coast region
Jervis Bay National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.