Fourth Crossing picnic area
Mullion Range State Conservation Area
Fourth Crossing picnic area next to Summer Hill Creek, near Orange, is a great base for exploring gold mining history via walking tracks, or go swimming or trout fishing.
- Picnic areas
Grab one of the convenient picnic tables at the tranquil Fourth Crossing picnic area and settle in for a lazy, relaxing lunch.
This lovely, wide-open picnic area alongside Summer Hill Creek is well-maintained, and you’ll be surrounded by an interesting variety of plants and animals while you eat, including brittle gum and apple box trees.
The creek itself is an excellent fishing spot for trout and other native species. Head out along nearby Historic Water Race walking track to learn more about the area’s gold mining heritage.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Bathurst office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6332 7640
- 02 6332 7680 To contact the KARST Conservation Unit in this office.
- Level 2, 203-209 Russell Street, Bathurst NSW 2795
- in Mullion Range State Conservation Area in the Country NSW region
Mullion Range State Conservation Area is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.