Dry Tank picnic area
Gundabooka National Park
Take in the beauty of the Gundabooka National Park landscape at Dry Tank picnic area. Enjoy a picnic or barbecue lunch and watch the birds before walking to Mt Gunderbooka.
- Picnic areas
- Gundabooka National Park
- What to
- Drinking water
- Please note
- Check the weather and road conditions before you set out as the roads to Gundabooka National Park may be closed.
Dry Tank picnic area is a great place to stop for lunch in Gundabooka National Park. Enjoy the peaceful setting of rugged red earth and eucalypts as you enjoy your picnic lunch.
If you’re feeling energetic before or after your picnic, you can take the walk to Little Mountain. Some might find it a bit challenging, however the views from the summit are stunning – you’ll be able to see the entire northern escarpment of the Gundabooka Range.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Bourke office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6830 0200
- 51-53 Oxley Street, Bourke NSW 2840
- in Gundabooka National Park in the Outback NSW region
Gundabooka National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.