Dangars Falls picnic area
Oxley Wild Rivers National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the Dangars Falls picnic area.
Getting there and parking
Dangars Gorge picnic area is in the Dangars Gorge precinct of Oxley Wild Rivers National Park. To get there from Armidale Post Office:
- Follow Faulkner Street to the south
- Turn left into Kentucky Street and drive for 1km
- Turn right into Dangarsleigh Road and continue for approximately 8km
- Turn left onto Dangars Falls Road and follow the unsealed road for 10km to Dangars Gorge
- Mixture of sealed and unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Dangar Falls picnic area.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Oxley Wild Rivers National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
A great time to tackle the Green Gully track when the days are not too hot and the nights not too cold.
The heathlands are a riot of colour when the flowers are out.
The waterfalls are likely to be at their most impressive after the summer rains.
Crisp, cool and clear days are good for a brisk half day bushwalk.
Drinking water is not available in this area so it's a good idea to bring your own.
- Non-flush toilets
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
Maps and downloads
- Armidale office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm.
- 02 6738 9100
- 145 Miller Street, Armidale NSW 2350
- in Oxley Wild Rivers National Park in the North Coast and Country NSW regions
Oxley Wild Rivers National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
There are 3 areas in Oxley Wild Rivers National Park where you'll need day use vehicle permits: Halls Peak campground and picnic area, Riverside campground and picnic area, and Youdales Hut campground and picnic area. Day use vehicle permits can be bought online or by calling the National Parks Contact Centre on 1300 072 757. If camping, permit fees are included in the campground fee.Contact us for permits