The Pines picnic area
Cocoparra National Park
Relax at The Pines picnic area in Cocoparra National Park where you can have a barbecue, surrounded by white cypress pine and woodland birds, before taking one of Cocoparra’s beautiful bushwalks.
- Picnic areas
- Cocoparra National Park in Murray-Riverina
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
The Pines picnic area is popular with visitors, especially families, looking for a pretty, peaceful spot for a rest. Equipped with a gas barbecue for serious picnickers, it’s easy to while away a few hours here.
Set in open woodland among white cypress pines, it’s perfect in the milder months from April to October, when you’ll see a variety of flowers including greenhood and pink and blue finger orchids. Nearby Woolshed Falls cascades after heavy rain, so be sure to take the short walk to see this waterfall if it’s been wet.
If you’re into birdwatching, many interesting birds can be spotted in the park. Look out for rufous whistlers, white-browed babblers, striated pardalotes, red-rumped parrots, painted honeyeaters and lots more.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Griffith office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm. Closed 1pm to 2pm.
- 02 6966 8100
- 200 Yambil Street, Griffith NSW 2680
- in Cocoparra National Park in the Murray-Riverina region
Cocoparra National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.