Cambridge Plateau picnic area
Richmond Range National Park
Cambridge Plateau picnic area, close to Casino and Kyogle, is an idyllic spot for picnicking that’s also great for birdwatching.
- Picnic areas
- Richmond Range National Park in North Coast
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch.
Cambridge Plateau picnic area is in the southern precinct of Richmond Range National Park and offers comfortable, well-maintained facilities for those looking for a place to rest after exploring the park. On a ridge nestled among towering tallowwood and flooded gums, the picnic area enjoys majestic scenic views over forests that stretch toward the Richmond valley. Keep your camera ready - long-nosed potoroos like to wriggle through at the edge of the bush, or you may receive a visit from a yellow-bellied glider or brush-tail possum at night.
Culmaran Valley walking track also begins here, rising toward the head of the valley, where outlooks continue for miles across to the east of Wollumbin and Nightcap national parks.
The Culmaran loop trail is also accessible nearby for those who prefer an easy walk through tall, healthy, dry woodlands at the edge of nearby World Heritage rainforest.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Kyogle office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6632 0000
- 136 Summerland Way, Kyogle NSW 2474
- in Richmond Range National Park in the North Coast region
Richmond Range National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.