Bottle and Glass Point
Sydney Harbour National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Bottle and Glass Point.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Bottle and Glass Point is in the Nielsen Park precinct of Sydney Harbour National Park. To get there:
- Take New South Head Road away from the city
- Turn left into Vaucluse Road and then left into Greycliffe Avenue
- It’s a short walk to Bottle and Glass Point from here.
Park entry points
- Nielsen Park carpark See on map
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
- Parking is available in Greycliffe Avenue, including several designated disabled spots.
- It can be a busy place, particularly on the weekend, so parking might be limited
- Parking is only permitted in marked spaces and unfortunately spaces cannot be reserved for guests
- Please note that fines apply for parking or driving in non-designated areas
The closest toilets to Bottle and Glass Point are down the stairs at the far end of the grassy area, leading towards Shark Beach and the main part of Nielsen Park, about a five-minute walk away.
- Flush toilets
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
- Wheelchair access from the street to Bottle and Glass loop walking track is easy.
- From the street, look for a separate gate marked ‘Bottle and Glass Point’ located just east of the main Nielsen Park gate on Greycliffe Avenue.
- A paved road loops around this section of the park, making it suitable for wheelchairs.
- Off the road, grassy areas may be more difficult to negotiate and will require some assistance.
- Neilsen Park also has an accessible toilet and some seating throughout.
- Nielsen Park office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
- 02 9337 5511
- Greycliffe House, Nielsen Park, 6 Steele Point Road, Vaucluse NSW 2030
- in Sydney Harbour National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Sydney Harbour National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
Bradleys Head carpark: $8 per vehicle per day. North Head carpark: $5 per vehicle per day. There are pay and display machines that accept cards and coins - no change given. Chowder Bay Road parking: Monday-Friday: $3 per hour, to a maximum of $16 per day. Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays: $4 per hour, to a maximum of $20 per day. If you hold an NPWS All Parks or Multi Parks Pass, you can park free for up to four hours per day - additional time can be purchased. Car parks operated by Sydney Harbour Federation Trust or Mosman Council are not covered by your pass. Please check signs carefully.
Landing fees or tour fees apply to visit Sydney Harbour islands. All public visitors to Shark, Clark or Rodd Island, need to pay a $7 per person landing fee. To arrange, please contact 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS). Annual NSW Parks Passes do not cover landing fees.Buy annual pass