Boonalla picnic area
Boonalla Aboriginal Area
Boonalla picnic area is near Boonalla Cave walking track in Boonalla Aboriginal Area. It’s a great spot for a picnic lunch when you’re visiting the town of Kelvin, 20km north of Gunnedah.
Enjoy a peaceful picnic lunch in this woodland spot. Stop and take in the sounds of woodland birds like brown treecreepers, varied sittellas, speckled warblers and hooded robins in this tranquil picnic area.
Boonalla Cave walking track
Boonalla Cave walking track is in Boonalla Aboriginal Area near Boonalla picnic area. It’s a great place to soak up expansive views of plains stretching as far as the eye can see.
These maps give a basic overview of park attractions and facilities, and may not be detailed enough for some activities. We recommend that you buy a topographic map before you go exploring.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Coonabarabran office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6842 1311
- 30 Timor Street, Coonabarabran NSW 2357
- in Boonalla Aboriginal Area in the Country NSW region
Things to do (12)
- 4WD touring (1)
- Aboriginal culture (4)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (1)
- Cultural heritage (1)
- Cycling (3)
- Educational activities (1)
- Historic heritage (2)
- Picnics and barbecues (3)
- Sightseeing (4)
- Walking (5)
- Waterfalls (3)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (3)