Bateau Bay Beach picnic area
Wyrrabalong National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the Bateau Bay Beach picnic area.
Getting there and parking
Bateau Bay Beach picnic area is in the southern section of Wyrrabalong National Park. To get there from The Entrance:
- Travel south along The Entrance Road and turn left into Yakalla Street
- Turn right into Bateau Bay Road and then left into Reserve Drive
- Access to the Bateau Bay Beach picnic area is along Reserve Drive
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Bateau Bay Beach picnic area. It can be a busy place on the weekend, so parking might be limited.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Wyrrabalong National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
A spring visit allows you to see gorgeous wildflower displays as you walk through the park.
It's summertime and the water's great – visit to surf, swim or snorkel in the park's superb beaches and it's a great time of year to fish for prawns and blue swimmer crabs at Tuggerah Lake.
Head to Wyrrabalong or Crackneck lookouts – these high headlands are perfect posts for watching whales on their northern migration.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
20°C and 25°C
10°C and 17°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Drinking water is not available at this location so you’ll need to bring your own supply
- Toilet facilities are located at the southern end of the beach
- Flush toilets
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
Assistance may be required to access this area
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.