Back Beach picnic area
Bundjalung National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the Back Beach picnic area.
Getting there and parking
Back Beach picnic area is in the Iluka area of Bundjalung National Park. To get there:
- From Pacific Highway take the Iluka Road turnoff, and follow for 14km
- Turn left on Back Beach Road, around 200m past Woody Head Road
- Continue 400m to Back Beach picnic area carpark
- Mixture of sealed and unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available next to Back Beach picnic area.
Back Beach picnic area is accessible by bike from Woody Head campground and Iluka.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
Medium access presents some minor difficulties, such as a grassy surface. You may require a little assistance to get around in some areas.
Cycling is permitted on public roads at and around the picnic area.
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
Bring a gas or liquid fuel stove if you intend to cook, as wood and other solid fuel fires are not permitted at Back Beach picnic area.
Camping is not permitted at the picnic area or on Back Beach. You can camp or book accommodation at Woody Head, 2mins drive to the west of the picnic area.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Grafton office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6641 1500
- Level 4, 49 Victoria Street, Grafton NSW 2460