Wajurda Point lookout
Mimosa Rocks National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Wajurda Point lookout.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Wajurda Point lookout is in the southern section of Mimosa Rocks National Park. To get there:
- Travel north from Tathra along Bermagui-Tathra Road
- Turn right at Nelsons Road
- Follow the signs to Moon Bay carpark
- Walk 500m along Wadjurda Point walking track to the lookout
Park entry points
- Moon Bay carpark See on map
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles (no long vehicle access)
- All weather
Parking is available at Moon Bay carpark, a short walk from Wajurda Point lookout. It can be a busy place on the weekend, so parking might be limited.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Mimosa Rocks National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Head to one of the park's headlands for great whale watching – don't forget your binoculars for up close views.
A great time for a family camping holiday by the beach, try Aragunnu campground or Gillards campground .
Keep your eyes on the parks winter-flowering plants, like spotted gums, mugga ironbark and coastal banksia for honeaters and lorikeets.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
15°C and 27°C
2°C and 18°C
February and March
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Drinking water is not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
- Wheelchairs can access this area with some difficulty.
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
- Narooma office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm. Office open by appointment only. Closed public holidays.
- 02 4476 0800
- 10 Graham Street, Narooma NSW 2546